ELF THE MUSICAL, JR
Directed by Argo Thompson. Musical Director Anthony Martinez. Choreographer Grace Kent
Dates: December 10 - 19, 2021
Times: Fri at 7pm, Sat at 1pm & 4pm. Sun at 2pm
Please note: Proof of vaccination (fourteen days after second dose) with an FDA or WHO-authorized vaccine is required for all guests. For unvaccinated children under 12 and other exceptions, a recent negative COVID-19 test will be accepted. Masks are required at all times while inside Left Edge Theatre.
Back by popular demand. Based on the beloved holiday film, this hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity.
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa's bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa's permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Faced with the harsh realities that his father is on the naughty list and his half-brother doesn't even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas
This modern day holiday classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner elf. After all, the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
Performs Dec 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19
Fri at 7pm, Sat at 1pm and 4pm, Sun at 2pm
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
• Young Actors Studio has a total capacity of 72. For performances we will operate at full capacity.
• All audience members must be vaccinated or show proof a recent negative test result (within 3 days of performance date)
• All guest must wear masks when indoors
• Vaccinated audience members must show proof of vaccination. Either their vaccination card, copy of card or photo of card on their mobile device.
• All crew and staff members will be fully vaccinated.
• Student performers who are too young to be vaccinated will wear masks during rehearsals and performances. Student performers who are vaccinated may choose to not wear a mask during performances. Student performers who are old enough to be vaccinated but are not vaccinated must agree to weekly covid testing during performances and wear masks during rehearsals and performances.
• All performers must be at least 6 feet away from the audience.
• There are no social distancing requirements for audience members.
To prepare for the return of in-person performances, Left Edge Theatre has
• Invested in a UV light system for our HVAC that reduces the potential spread of COVID-19
• Developed strict cleaning and disinfection protocols to be used between each performance
• Increased cleaning of the lobby and restroom.
WILL MASKS BE REQUIRED IN CLASS:
All students and staff, regardless of vaccination or recovery status, are required to wear masks with the exception of eating, drinking, and designated “mask break” times. Disposable masks will be provided to any student for any reason. We require masks that follow CDC guidelines. The CDC’s guide to mask-wearing can be found here.
WILL YOUNG ACTORS STUDIO CONDUCT HEALTH SCREENINGS FOR STUDENTS & STAFF:
Yes, before entering class each day all staff & students will have their temperature taken and be quickly assessed for common COVID symptoms such as cough and lethargy. Anyone with a temp. of 100+ or who is exhibiting common symptoms of COVID will not be allowed to enter the classroom. Students must be fever-free for 72 hours without medication before returning to camp. Providing a negative COVID test is highly encouraged, but not required. Staff who have a fever must provide one negative COVID test before returning to camp.
WHAT IS THE HAND WASHING SANITIZATION POLICY:
Students will use hand sanitizer and wash their hands frequently. Handwashing will be conducted before & after all breaks. Hand sanitizing will be conducted at drop-off, pick-up, and after each class activity. YAS will provide hand sanitizer in the classroom and at entrances/exits.