Learning to Play. Playing to Learn
Young Actors Studio of Sonoma County is a resident theatre company of the Luther Burbank Center for the arts devoted to providing affordable theatre classes and stage performances to local youth.
Theatre Arts have the ability to inspire creativity, build confidence and teach the power of teamwork. Through classes and performances we spark young people's imaginations and bring them a love for learning that lasts a lifetime.
Year-round classes for students age 6-16 of all skill levels are offered by professional working actors.
Beginners enjoy games and exercises with fellow drama enthusiasts. Serious students can hone their craft.
The process of putting on a play requires imagination, courage and commitment.
Through rehearsals and performances, we aim for young people to develop new skills and experience firsthand the power theatre has to inspire and unite.
We invite our community to share in the transformative power of theatre by participating in or attending our shows. We seek ways to provide low-cost and often no-cost tickets to area schools.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
• Young Actors Studio has a total capacity of 72. For performances we will operate at full capacity.
• All audience members must be vaccinated or show proof a recent negative test result (within 3 days of performance date)
• All guest must wear masks when indoors
• Vaccinated audience members must show proof of vaccination. Either their vaccination card, copy of card or photo of card on their mobile device.
• All crew and staff members will be fully vaccinated.
• Student performers who are too young to be vaccinated will wear masks during rehearsals and performances. Student performers who are vaccinated may choose to not wear a mask during performances. Student performers who are old enough to be vaccinated but are not vaccinated must agree to weekly covid testing during performances and wear masks during rehearsals and performances.
• All performers must be at least 6 feet away from the audience.
• There are no social distancing requirements for audience members.
To prepare for the return of in-person performances, Left Edge Theatre has
• Invested in a UV light system for our HVAC that reduces the potential spread of COVID-19
• Developed strict cleaning and disinfection protocols to be used between each performance
• Increased cleaning of the lobby and restroom.
WILL MASKS BE REQUIRED IN CLASS:
All students and staff, regardless of vaccination or recovery status, are required to wear masks with the exception of eating, drinking, and designated “mask break” times. Disposable masks will be provided to any student for any reason. We require masks that follow CDC guidelines. The CDC’s guide to mask-wearing can be found here.
WILL YOUNG ACTORS STUDIO CONDUCT HEALTH SCREENINGS FOR STUDENTS & STAFF:
Yes, before entering class each day all staff & students will have their temperature taken and be quickly assessed for common COVID symptoms such as cough and lethargy. Anyone with a temp. of 100+ or who is exhibiting common symptoms of COVID will not be allowed to enter the classroom. Students must be fever-free for 72 hours without medication before returning to camp. Providing a negative COVID test is highly encouraged, but not required. Staff who have a fever must provide one negative COVID test before returning to camp.
WHAT IS THE HAND WASHING SANITIZATION POLICY:
Students will use hand sanitizer and wash their hands frequently. Handwashing will be conducted before & after all breaks. Hand sanitizing will be conducted at drop-off, pick-up, and after each class activity. YAS will provide hand sanitizer in the classroom and at entrances/exits.
Our programs are made possible, in part, with funds from these sponsors: Community Foundation of Sonoma County | County of Sonoma and Creative Sonoma | The Luther Burbank Center for the Arts